Could You Use Some Extra Cash?During buyback, you can sell your textbooks back for a percentage of the new book price. You must have a photo ID to participate in buyback.
Fall 2013 Buyback: to be announced
How does buyback work?
- Both the bookstore and an independent wholesaler will be buying back books in the designated area.
- The bookstore will offer you up to 50% of the new book price for your text-whether you bought it new or used. Books bought at 50% of the new book price are books that will be used for the upcoming semester.
- The wholesaler could offer you a price ranging from 10% to 33% of the new book price. If a text is going into a new edition, chances are you will not be able to sell it back.
- Software, custom packets, workbooks and activity manuals are usually not eligible for buyback.
- Important: Books sold as a part of a package, i.e. with tapes, cd's, companion booklets, etc, will only be brought back as a package.
The Kent State Stark Bookstore will offer you up to 50% of the new book price for your text providing it meets the following criteria:
- We have received an adoption for the text from the faculty for the upcoming semester.
- We are in need of additional quantities of that text.
- It is in reusable condition.