- Open to everyone, including the public.
- Faculty, staff and students should contact Stacie Humm about program discounts.
- Each certification class or workshop is hosted by the Recreation & Wellness Center, but registration and payment information is done by the certifying body. See individual links.
- All classes are held at the Recreation & Wellness Center unless otherwise noted.
- No classes will be held when the university is closed due to weather emergencies, holidays or during spring break.
AFAA PERSONAL TRAINER CERTIFICATION
September 5 - 7
Friday, Sept. 5: 1 - 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 6: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 7: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
November 14 - 15
Friday, Nov. 14: 1 - 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 15: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 16: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
AFAA's fully accredited (both exam* and program**) and globally recognized certification program is designed to equip those seeking to become Personal Trainers with the competencies needed to design safe and effective exercise programming for the apparently healthy population. Facilitated by an experienced and degreed fitness professional, the workshop will review and provide practical instruction in anatomy/kinesiology, fitness assessment, program design, nutrition and other critical areas prior to the proctored administration of the included written and practical exams. 1-3 months of pre-study is required (depending on experience).
- Community register online: AFAA.com
- Faculty, staff & students: Register by calling 800-466-2322 to get a 25% discount
- Fee: $499