Special Topics & Webinars
Complimentary Webinar: Manage Your Energy, Not Your Time
Thursday, Dec. 19, 2013 at 10 a.m.
There’s more to do than ever before, often leading to feelings of being overloaded and overwhelmed. The number of hours in a day may be fixed, but the quantity and quality of energy available to us is not. In fact, most of us are only operating at 25% of our energy capacity. This webinar will explore ways to mobilize and renew four key sources of energy throughout the day.
This webinar is designed to help you:
- Increase your overall energy capacity
- Manage and regularly renew your energy resources throughout the day
Special Topic: Supervisory Bootcamp
Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Do your first-time and front-line supervisors have the skills and training they need to be successful in their new roles?
Moving from Peer to Supervisor: Are we still friends? (Morning Session)
Moving into a supervisory position can be an exciting and nerve-wracking step. Will my relationships change? What does a supervisor really do? What are my priorities now? These questions and more are addressed in this session. The benefits of attending this session include:
- Learning about the four basic management functions
- Clarification of your new role and the new responsibilities and accountabilities
- Identifying the actions you should take within the first few weeks of being a supervisor and creating a plan for completing them
Employment Law for New Supervisors (Afternoon Session)
In addition to learning new ways of interacting with co-workers, new supervisors also need to know basic Federal and State Laws to help protect the employer from litigation. Participants will learn how these laws impact their daily activities:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Occupational Safety and Health Act