Nursing Home Administrators (BELTSS)
The Corporate University is proud to announce that The State of Ohio Board of Executives of Long-term Services & Supports (BELTSS) has approved us as a "Certified" provider.
2015 One-Day Conference for Nursing Home Administrators
8:30 - 9 a.m.: Registration, Networking and Breakfast
The Corporate University, Kent State University at Stark is pleased to announce our conference for Ohio Administrators. Kent State University is an approved provider of continuing education credit by the Ohio Board of Executives of Long-term Services & Supports (BELTSS/BENHA).
This event will take place on Thursday, March 12, 2015, at the Conference Center on the campus of Kent State University Stark and is approved for 6 BELTSS credits.
9 a.m. - Noon: Coaching Generations Working Together (Deb Easton)
Are you a Baby Boomer who believes in creating warm customer relationships? Have you ever been dismayed by younger employees’ belief that good work performance means finish the task quickly? Are you from Generation X, believing in independent problem-solving, who is frustrated by previous generations’ adherence to chain-of-command decisions? Are you relatively new to the workforce, but now supervising tenured employees?
If you have several generations in your workplace and want to improve customer service, productivity, communication, cohesiveness and morale, you will gain a new perspective by attending this highly engaging program. This program is offered in a unique style: descriptions/characterizations of each generation are presented by the facilitator in the costume and word choice of each generation, providing unique insights to each generation’s mind-sets and values.
- Understand how each generation defines work and perceives other generations’ work practices
- Talk so that other generations listen and understand
- Adapt to each generation’s definition of good customer service
- Motivate each generation
- Create collaboration on cross-generational team
- Adapt to the generational differences in customer service needs of your clientele
Noon - 1 p.m.: Lunch
1 - 4 p.m.: Emotional Intelligence and Leadership (Philip Kim)
Emotional intelligence (IE) has become a popular topic within organization development. However, there has been limited practice in how this relates practically to a company and specifically how to develop leaders within the organization. Understanding EI is vital in developing emotional intelligence competencies such as self-awareness, intrinsic motivation, empathy and social skills.
- Learn and understand the foundational concepts of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Engage in team-building exercises to strengthen self-awareness, decision-making, and motivation.
- Review the latest research on EI and Leadership and how this impacts organizational engagement.
- Take home EI and Leadership tools to facilitate Change Management and Participative Management.
Registration fee is $175.00 per person.