Human Resources (HRCI)
- Advanced Skills for Managing Projects
- Coaching Accountability
- Crash The Barriers: Build Your Team
- Dealing with Difficult Behaviors
- Effective Decision Making
- Enhancing Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Essential Skills for Managing Projects
- Leadership 101
- Leadership Through Coaching
- Leading Change
- Leading Through Strengths
- Managing Discipline
- Modeling and Coaching Effective Communication Skills
- Motivating Employees
- Turning Conflict Into Collaboration
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum is designed by subject matter experts, covers the most up-to-date HR Certification Institute body of knowledge and ranks as the #1 certification preparation program for consistently helping professionals beat the national pass rate.
Our expert classroom instruction provides a better flow of information and a more enjoyable and effective learning experience. Structured classes, a seasoned instructor and peer interaction enhance learning and retention.
The SHRM Learning System provides HR professionals with more content, tests, learning tools and access to expert advice than any other PHR/SPHR exam preparation program. Printed materials are updated annually and online study tools are portable and convenient, with access to online tests, flashcards, and resources via iPhone, Blackberry, Palm Pre, Windows Mobile, or Google Android.
The SHRM Learning System is offered:The University Center
Kent State University at Stark
2 - 5 p.m.
Spring 2015 Dates:
- February 17 and 24
- March 3, 10, 17 and 24 (skipping March 31)
- April 7, 14, 21 and 28
- May 5 and 12, 2015
Enroll in this program to assist you in preparing for the PHR and SPHR certification exams. You'll gain a solid foundation and the comprehensive knowledge necessary for effectively managing the HR challenges you face in today's demanding work environment. Through six modules that correspond to the six functional areas, responsibilities and associated knowledge as defined by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). These six modules are: Strategic Management, Workforce Planning and Employment, Human Resource Development, Compensation and Benefits, Employee and Labor Relations and Occupational Health, Safety and Security. Includes the study materials for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification exams administered by HRCI. Offered in cooperation with the Society for Human Resource Managers (SHRM), you’ll receive study material for the PHR and SPHR certification exams administered by HRCI.
InvestmentA program fee of $1,095* includes the SHRM Learning System print modules, online learning software, access to the online Resource Center, instructor handouts and 36 hours of classroom instruction.
*A discounted rate of $995 is available to members of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Please call 330-244-3508 if you are a current SHRM member to receive a $100 fee reduction.
What You'll LearnThe key to success of the PHR/SPHR certification and SHRM Learning System is the relevance of the content to the needs of today's HR professionals. The SHRM Learning System teaches the following six modules covering the HRCI body of knowledge tested in PHR/SPHR exams.
- Strategic Business Management
- Workforce Planning and Employment
- Human Resource Development
- Total Rewards
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Risk Management
How You'll LearnThe SHRM Learning System provides the most comprehensive and effective PHR/SPHR training program through a blended format of printed workbooks and web-based study tools. This easy-to-use system includes three key elements:
1. Printed Workbooks:
- Six print modules teach the HRCI body of knowledge tested in PHR and SPHR exams.
- Printed glossary of terms and subject index provided for each module.
- Easy-to-identify icons highlight key content and links to additional resources.
- SPHR Preparation Book specifically designed for SPHR candidates.
2. Online Tools with Mobile Access:
- Practice Tests (pre-test, module-specific test and post-test)
- Flashcards (over 750 covering all six modules)
- Glossary (Comprehensive reference for easy reference online or while reading the materials)
3. Resource Center
- HR Updates highlighting up-to-date legislative changes and new HR developments
- Free audio and webcasts for each module
- Test-taking strategies for the HRCI exam
- Ask The Expert feature for individualized follow-up questions
- Links to key HR information cited in the modules
- Feedback feature
New "Plan to Pass" ToolSetting a realistic study plan is critical to your success. SHRM has created a valuable tool called "Plan to Pass" that guides your studies. It takes your score from the pre-test (included in the SHRM Learning System) factors in your level of HR experience and creates a study plan based on areas that require the most attention. You can also track your progress as you study to ensure you're reaching your goals.
Certification InformationThe HR Certification Institute requires HR professionals planning to sit for the PHR or SPHR exams to have a combination of demonstrated work experience and education. For eligibility information, visit www.hrci.org/Exam_Eligibility/.
All certification testing is computer-based and conducted at the 250 Prometric Test Centers around the country. For best results, schedule your certification exam for a date that is after the end of your particular class section. For information on the exam and how to register, visit www.hrci.org/HRCertification/.
While no single course of study guarantees success on the HR Certification Institute examinations, thousands of individuals have used the SHRM Learning System to effectively prepare for the exams.