Next Steps for New Guest Students
Welcome to Kent State University at Stark!
If you are a new guest student, follow these steps to become a student at Kent State Stark:
1. REGISTER YOUR CLASSES
After being admitted, you received your FlashLine login information in the mail. All class registration is done online using FlashFAST in FlashLine > Student Tools & Courses > Look Up and Register for Classes. You can also look up classes here.
- View Semester Guides
Course Prerequisites & Testing
After attempting registration, you may find you are unable to register for a course because you have not met the Kent State prerequisite requirement. In this instance, you should contact an academic advisor at 330-244-3251. You may be asked to do the following depending on your individual circumstance:
- Provide a college transcript and course description to show that the prerequisite course was taken.
- Complete ALEKS or COMPASS testing to determine placement in a class.
2. OPTIONAL ACADEMIC ADVISINGGuest students are strongly encouraged to seek academic advising from their present college to know which Kent State courses satisfy major requirements. Although academic advising is not required before course registration, a Kent State advisor can help determine if course prerequisites have been met. Advising appointments can be scheduled online or by calling 330-244-3251. Visit Advising Services to learn more.
3. PAY YOUR TUITION
To view tuition and payment deadlines, go to FlashLine > My Account > My Student Account. Tuition invoices are emailed to your Kent State email address. Invoices are not mailed to your home address.
4. ATTEND AN OPTIONAL NEW STUDENT ORIENTATIONPlan to attend Smart Start Saturday for new fall students, Smart Start Spring for new spring students, or elect to view an online orientation if you can't attend an in-person orientation.
5. GET YOUR FLASHCARDThe Kent State FLASHcard is more than just a student ID. It can be used as debit account to purchase books, supplies and clothing in the Bookstore or purchase food in the Emporium. It is required to check out materials from the Library, pay for printing in the computer labs and to use the Recreation & Wellness Center. Get your FLASHcard in the Office of Student Services. A current photo ID such as a driver’s license or state issued ID is required.
6. BUY YOUR BOOKSYou can buy your books online and in-person at our campus Bookstore.