Follow signs to Visitor Parking near Main Hall,
or you may park in any Student Lot.
Get Started: A Crash Course in College Planning
Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013
Main Hall Auditorium
Kent State University at Stark
During Get Started, we'll cover the following topics to help you get started on your college planning!
- College visits - what to ask / where to go
- How to pick a college - the timeline and process
- Comparing institutions and tuition
- Overcoming financial constraints
- Exploring all your financial aid options
- Where to seek out scholarships
- Attend a mock class
- Difference from high school expectations
- What's a syllabus?
- Class size and structure
- Finding a balance - 60 hour rule
- Jobs, relationships and commitments
- Importance of getting involved
- Using your resources