Keep the Momentum for Stark State Students
Turn Your 2-Year Degree Into a 4-Year Degree
Transferring from Stark State College to Kent State University at Stark is made easy with the two-part Momentum program, offering:
- Cross-registration / free class
- Admission application waiver
CROSS-REGISTRATION / FREE CLASSMomentum includes a cross-registration program allowing Stark State students to take a Kent State Stark class for free. Potential transfer students have the opportunity to:
- Explore a course in an area of interest
- Get a head start on a Kent State Stark major
- Become familiar with the Kent State Stark campus
To qualify for the program, you must:
- Be a full-time degree-seeking student at Stark State College for the term desired.
- Have completed a minimum of one semester as a college student at Stark State (post-secondary coursework does not apply).
- Be an Ohio resident (for tuition purposes).
- Be in good academic standing with a 2.0 grade point average or above.
To apply for a free class, you must:
- Apply online as a Guest Student.
- Provide an official letter of good standing from Lisa Kasunic at Stark State College (faxed or mailed directly from her office).
- Provide a copy of your full-time schedule from Stark State for the semester you desire to take the free class (must show it is for Stark State).
- If the desired course requires a prerequisite, a copy of your transcript may be required.
- You are required to pay any special course fees.
- You may receive only one free class per fall or spring semester (not valid for any summer term).
Deadlines for completed and approved free class application:
- Fall: Aug. 1
- Spring: Dec. 1
ADMISSION APPLICATION WAIVERMomentum waives the $30 application fee for Stark State College students transferring to Kent State Stark who have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above.
To have the fee waived, you must:
- Apply online as a Transfer Student.
- When prompted, select the "Pay Later" option.
- Once your Stark State College transcript is received verifying your grade point average, your application will be processed accordingly.