Be aware of any e-mail that:
- Requires you to enter personal inormation directly into the e-mail or submit that information some other way.
- Threatens to close or suspend your account if you do not take immediate action by providing personal information.
- States that your account has been compromised or that there has been third-party activity on your account and requests you to enter or confirm your account information.
- States that there are unauthorized charges on your account and requests your account information.
- Asks you to enter your user ID, password or account numbers into an e-mail or nonsecure Web page.
- Asks you to confirm, verify, or refresh your account, credit card, or billing information.
Remember, if it sounds too good to be true IT PROBABLY IS!