- Go to https://kronos.kent.edu/wfc/logon.
- Click the “Yes” button on the “Security Alert” pop-up window. Note: The Kronos Web site will evaluate the version of Java your PC is running at this point. If you have the correct version, no message will appear. You may simply log in at this point. However, if you receive the message “The Java Plug-in failed to initialize. Please contact your system administrator”, you will need to follow the rest of these steps.
- You will have an “Information Bar” open up under the “Address Bar” that reads This site might require the following Active X control…Click here to install”. Click the “Click here to install…” portion of the “Information Bar” as shown below
with the RED ARROW. DO NOT CLICK THE X!!!!
- From the gray option window, click “Install ActiveX Control”.
- A “Security Warning” window will pop-up; click the “Install” button.
- The “Java 2 Runtime Environment” window will pop-up; select the “I accept the terms…” option and click the “Next” button.
- By default, the “Typical” option will be selected; leave it as is and click the “Next” button.
- Click the “Finish” button. Note: Kronos will now update the new Java plug-in.
- A “Warning – Security” pop-up window will appear; click the “Always” button. You are finished. Note: At this point, it is okay to log in to Kronos.