East Wing Lab Fall Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Closed Saturday & Sunday
Need Help? Contact information reaches the entire Network Services staff.
- Email: Helpdesk-Stark@kent.edu
- Phone: 330-244-3490
- On-Campus Dial: 53490
Campus Labs:Please contact the Business Office at
330-244-3231 for information about
campus labs availability and hours.
- Faculty & Advisor Tools (Tab) (faculty only)
- Student Tools & Courses (Tab) (students only)
- Library Services
- My HR (leave balances, other HR actions)
- University News, Announcements, and Information
- Where is do I manage my FLASHcard?
- Where do I go to look for offered classes for the semester?
- Where do I go to register for classes?
- It says I am locked out do to inactivity.
- I forget my password can I get it reset?
- What do I need to get on?
- Do I have to change my password to FlashLine?
- Can I use a Mac or PC?
- Will this system work on other campuses?
- What kind of Operating system do I need?
- What is my password?
- My teacher says I am not on their list?
- How do I get to Learn?
- How do I print a power point with multiple slides per page?
- Power Point
- How do I get setup with Outlook?
- How do I access Outlook from home?
- Which version of Outlook should I be using at work?
- Can I POP my Outlook mail to another account?
- How do I setup Rules and Filters?
- Is there a SPAM filter besides Outlook?
- What is my username?
- Is there any training for Outlook?
- How do I email a listserv I don't see in the address book?
- I deleted a message can I get it back?
- Can I recall a message I have already sent?
- How do I attach in Outlook?
- How do I create a folder?
- How do I move messages into a folder?
- I haven't received messages in a few days (offline mode)?
- Who can I call if I need help?
- What software is available in classrooms?
- What do I do if the projector isn't working?
- What do I do if the sound isn't working?
- Community Bulletin Board
- E-Mail Security
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- How to Set Up Personal Kent Web Page
- Kent Campus Phone Directory
- Kent Campus Helpdesk
- Kronos / Java Plug-In Update
- List-Servs and Distribution Lists
This is the suite that provides all the major programs to get your course work done, everything from word processing to database management. Kent State Stark has upgraded all the computer labs to Office 2013. For a complete list of software on campus computers please click here.
This is the spreadsheet program. You can take your data and turn it into elaborate graphs and charts.
This is the word processing program provided by Microsoft. You can do everything from building a webpage to typing your paper.
To add a page number in Word 2013, Click on the Insert Tab. Under the Header & Footer Section, Select Page Number.
Launch Word 2013 applications. Under the Home Tab, look for the Paragraph section and click on the Tab highlighted in the image below.
This is the program to design presentations with slides and add other media.
To add music in PowerPoint 2013, Click on the Insert Tab. Under the Media Clips section, Select Sound option. You can also add video to a slide. To do so, select the Movie option instead of the Sound.
To add pictures in PowerPoint 2013, Click on the Insert Tab. Under the Illustrations section, Select Picture option.
This is the database program that allows large amounts of data to be structured into reports and tables and forms in one location.
Kent provides several email options for users. For faculty and staff Outlook is the program that should be used. For students the FlashMail system provided in Flashline is the primary form of communication.
This is the new email system that all of Kent will be using. It is the fastest way to get in touch with anyone that is working within the Kent State University.
Please refer to the Campus Software page for more information.
Contact Network Services at 53490 or email Helpdesk-Stark@kent.edu.
Contact Network Services at 53490 or email Helpdesk-Stark@kent.edu
Yes, Kent State University provides access to discounted software. Click on the Software Downloads link for more information.
To access the Kent State University Computer Recommendations check list, click here.
You will receive this error message if you have failed to answer your security questions three times in a row. Contact Network Services at 53490 or email Helpdesk-Stark@kent.edu to get your flashline account unlocked. Additionally, you can also stop by the East Wing computer lab to get your account unlocked. A valid photo ID such as Drivers License, State ID, etc is required.
You can try forgot your password to recover your account by answering your security questions otherwise, contact Network Services at 53490 or email Helpdesk-Stark@kent.edu to get your flashline account password reset. Additionally, you can also stop by the East Wing computer lab to get your password reset. A valid photo ID such as Drivers License, State ID, etc is required.
Network Services staff do not have access to view your current password. If you cannot remember your password, please contact Network Services at 53490 or email Helpdesk-Stark@kent.edu