Contact:Office of Grants & Sponsored Projects
Kent State University at Stark
133H Main Hall
6000 Frank Avenue NW
North Canton, Ohio 44720
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) (public access)
CFDA provides a full listing of all Federal programs available to State and local governments (including the District of Columbia); federally-recognized Indian tribal governments; Territories (and possessions) of the United States; domestic public, quasi-public, and private profit and nonprofit organizations and institutions; specialized groups; and individuals.
COS Pivot (Kent State subscription)
COS Pivot is a searchable funding opportunities database that contains over 26,000 records representing over $33 billion in funding. Individuals can create, refine and save searches in their COS Pivot account, and request weekly email funding alerts based on their saved searches.
To create your COS Pivot account:
- Go to: http://pivot.cos.com.
- In the upper right corner, click the “Sign Up” link.
- A form will appear requesting your name, Kent State email address and a password.
- Fill in the form and click the “Create my account" button.
Foundation Center, Foundation Directory Online (Kent State subscription)
The Foundation Directory Online provides information on grant-making foundations and organizations and their grants. The directory includes nearly 100,000 foundations, corporate giving programs, and grant-making public charities in the United States; information on more than 1.9 million recently awarded grants; and a keyword-searchable database of nearly 650,000 recently filed IRS Forms 990 and 990-PF.
To access the Foundation Directory Online:
- Go to Kent State University Libraries website: www.kent.edu/library
- Research Tools > click on Databases
- Alphabetical List of Databases > click on the F tab
- Scroll down > click Foundation Directory Online
Federal Grants, Grants.gov (public access)
Grants.gov is the source to find and apply for federal grants. There are more than 900 grant programs offered by 26 federal grant-making agencies that annually award more than $400 billion in grants. Grants.gov provides a unified electronic storefront for interactions between grant applicants and the federal agencies that provide and manage grant funds.
- A single source for finding federal grant opportunities.
- A standardized manner of locating and learning more about federal funding opportunities.
- A unified interface for all agencies to announce their grant opportunities.
- An online source for applying for federal grants.
Ohio College Access Network (OCAN) Grant Opportunities (public access)
OCAN provides a list of grant opportunities for institutions of higher education in Ohio. There is a wide range of grant types.
Ohio HigherEd, University System of Ohio, Grant Resources & RFPs (public access)
Ohio HigherEd Grants provides a daily list of federal and state grant opportunities that is updated by the Ohio Supercomputer Center.